Mango Basil - Cucumber Melon Mint - Berry Rosemary Infused Water
Henry Happened writes:
A few months ago I shared a post on How to Make Infused Water plus a bunch of ideas and flavor combinations. Today I’m sharing three more summery infused water flavors. Making infused water makes getting your daily allotment of water much more tasty and fun without added sugar. You’ll be amazed at how quickly water can be infused with fruits, veggies and herbs — and how refreshing it is.
You don’t need a ton of fruit or whatever flavoring agent you’re using. But if you do add more, it will produce a stronger flavor and you’ll be able to refill it a few times without it being too bland. As a quick refresher, use fruit that’s ripe, but still firm. You don’t want to use overly ripe fruit or the water won’t last very long and there’s a chance of contamination from mold. It’s also important to keep the water refrigerated or add ice if it’s out on the counter. Insulated bottles also work.
Via fatbellybella omg😍😍
THIS WAS THE FUNNIEST THING OF ALL THE SHOW
Do they ever take the mom to task for not teaching her Spanish though ? I mean her mom is there.
There was literally nothing funny about this though?
^^^^ that scene hits me right in the *assimilated* child of an immigrant feels. Cause so many parents don’t teach their kids their native tongues (for various reasons) and it hurts us. Especially when we try to connect with those parts of ourselves but other people delegitimize our identity because of a language barrier we are not responsible for.
And before a grade A piece of Shit decides to chime in with “teach yourself” :
1. learning a new language is incredibly hard especially without assistance.
2. Many of us don’t have easy access to quality language learning resources for our mother tongues.
3. In regards to colonized people, of the easily accessible resources, most of them are the European versions of the language and not the language of the people. Which means you end up sounding like a stranger.
So yeah, nothing is funny about this at all.
4. White people are rewarded for learning/speaking more than one language. People of color are ridiculed for that same thing, especially if it impacts any part of their English. A lot of migrant parents think they are protecting us when they don’t teach us our native languages; They think if we only learn English, if we don’t pick up their accent, we might have an easier time in this racist society. Unfortunately, they’re usually right.
5. Learning a new language, especially as an adult, is extremely difficult. Add to that learning disabilities, neuroatypicalities, poverty, lack of resources, lack of time, and it’s nearly impossible.